NerdWallet is here to help you win Black friday, while leaving your budget intact. We spend the time; you save money. Visit regularly for holiday shopping tips and announcements on your favorite retailers. Black Friday is November 26.
There’s no getting around the problem: The messy supply chain, chip shortages, and colossal demand for electronics are going to interfere with this year’s Black Friday computing deals. You can expect lower discounts, longer shipping windows, and limited inventory.
Buying early will be key, and with many direct sales now, there is less reason to wait.
Here’s a look at the laptop and computer offerings major retailers are dropping this year.
What are the best Black Friday laptop and computer deals in 2021?
So far, we’ve spotted dozens of laptops, desktops, 2-in-1s, and gaming PCs in the deal listings. Here’s where and when to buy some of the top products:
- Amazon has the 2020 Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 256GB for $ 899 (savings of $ 100) available now.
- Best Buy is offering a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 bundle on sale for $ 599 ($ 360 off), available in stores and online now through November 7.
- The first installment of Walmart’s Black Friday Deals for Days sale includes Samsung’s Chromebook 4 for $ 87 (savings of $ 112). The event began online on November 3 and will begin in stores on November 5 at 5 a.m. local time.
- Dell’s Black Friday sale includes the Alienware Aurora R12 gaming desktop for $ 1,199.99 ($ 600 in savings) starting at 11:00 a.m. EST on November 15.
- The Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, Windows 11 Home, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD is available for $ 399.99 ($ 250 savings). The deal kicks off online at Dell at 8 p.m. EST on November 25.
- Costco is selling the HP Envy 13.3-inch Touchscreen Laptop with 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor for $ 799.99 ($ 350 off) online only from November 25. The retailer’s sale also includes savings on Apple products – again online, starting November 25. while stocks last. Costco did not reveal specific details about its Apple offerings.
People also read …
Big name retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Target are launching new offers throughout November; Expect them to add more computers to the mix.
What were the best Black Friday laptop and computer deals in 2020?
Some of the best discounts from last year include:
- Best Buy has cut laptops down to $ 119.99. The retailer also lowered prices on Apple computers, offering up to $ 250 on the MacBook Pro and $ 200 on the MacBook Air.
- Dell sold its XPS 13 touchscreen laptop with Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of memory, and 256GB SSD for $ 699.99 ($ 300 in savings).
- Lenovo has lowered the price of the Legion Tower 5i gaming desktop from $ 1,299.99 to $ 999.99.
How to decide if it’s worth it
Don’t expect premium discounts on the latest and greatest technology. This year you will probably have find more offers available on previous generation laptops and desktops than on newer models.
If you’re aiming for a particular computer and can afford it, jump on it when you see it. Holding a lower price could mean you won’t get it in time for the holidays – or won’t get it at all.
How to Budget a Laptop or Computer
A new laptop or desktop computer costs less than $ 100 to $ 1,000 or more. Compare models and prices to find the right one for you Your budget.
If the Black Friday discounts aren’t as big as expected, explore options like redeeming cash back apps or credit card rewards for additional savings on your purchase.