When you visit a website, Opera GX requests permission to provide notifications from that site. After denying or allowing access to notifications, the site is added to a list (divided between websites that can and cannot send notifications). The list and how websites request access to notifications is customizable (via Opera).
By default, sites can request notification access. You can switch to quieter messaging to disable request prompts or block all notifications from all websites. To change the behavior of desktop notifications, follow the steps below:
1. Enter the following URL in the address bar: opera://settings/content/notifications.
2. You can also access Settings, Advanced, Privacy and Security, Site Settings and Notifications.
3. Scroll down and click the toggle button next to Do not allow sites to send notifications.
Here you can also customize the allowed sites and exceptions lists. You can remove, edit, or add the URLs by clicking the three-dot menu button next to each website. Next, we will disable notifications for Opera promotions. Go to Settings, Advanced, Privacy & Security, and turn off the Show promotional notifications toggle. You can also disable notifications for all built-in messengers in the Opera sidebar.
1. In the Opera GX sidebar, click on the three-dot menu at the bottom.
2. Scroll down to the Settings section.
3. Disable Enable notifications for messengers.
All Opera desktop notifications should now be silenced, leaving your game uninterrupted.