You want to hide apps on your iPhone’s home screen, right?
First of all, there are plenty of reasons to make accessing an iPhone app more difficult, and many of them are perfectly healthy. Maybe you want to hide your Venmo / Cash app so that it is not easily accessible on your home screen. Or maybe you want to hide your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. if you have a little brother who likes to steal your phone and post embarrassing photos of you on your social media. So now that you know we’re not here to judge, here’s how:
1. Find the app you want to remove from your home screen
2. Press and hold the app until a menu appears with the option “Remove app”
2A) You can also press and hold the home screen until the apps start to shake, then tap the little “minus” sign next to the app you want to hide
3. Press “Remove application” (if you have chosen option 2A, you will skip this step)
4. You will see options to delete the app, remove it from the home screen, or cancel the action. Choose “Remove from home screen”
5. The app will be hidden and will not appear on your home screen
Costs! But now…how to find it? Check out our article on how to find hidden apps here.
The app, while hidden from your home screen, is still in your app library. You can access it or retrieve it and put it back on your home screen.
Here’s how to do it: