New Delhi: If you’ve recently switched to Signal or Telegram, you might receive notifications alerting you that your friends have joined as well.
If you are at the end of your tether after receiving these messages when a member of your contact list joins you Signal or Telegram application.
Here’s how to turn off new friend alerts on your phone:
How to stop this alert on the Telegram app:
* Open Telegram and tap on the hamburger button, located at the top left corner of the screen.
* Go to the Settings section, then go to Notifications & Sounds.
* Scroll down and press “Contact has joined telegram”.
How to stop this alert on the Signal app:
* Open Signal on your Android smartphone, then tap the three-dot icon, located at the top right of the screen.
* Go to Settings, go to Notifications.
* Now scroll down and turn off the “Contact Seal Signal”. The steps are also similar for the iOS version.
In India, it is estimated that the Signal app has been downloaded by almost 3 million users. Additionally, this week Signal became India’s # 1 app on Apple and Android phones.
Although on Friday, WhatsApp said it decided to postpone a privacy update due to “worrying misinformation” among people, the company said.