This tutorial is about how to use Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp for WhatsApp Web and Android / iPhone. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to use Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp for WhatsApp Web and Android / iPhone. If your answer is yes, please share it with your friends after reading this.
Check how to use Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp for WhatsApp Web and Android / iPhone
Facebook’s WhatsApp became an instant hit after its launch, and to date no app has been able to reach the same number of active users that the app has. Even Messenger, Facebook’s own instant messaging app, isn’t as popular as Telegram, let alone WhatsApp. So today we are going to discuss how to use messaging rooms on WhatsApp Web, what is Facebook’s attempt to connect multiple users who can connect with each other and communicate via video and chat.
This is exciting because it is another app that allows us to get in touch with our friends and family, especially during this pandemic where we are staying indoors. So let’s get started without delay.
What are Messenger Rooms?
Before we start, we should also discuss what Messenger Rooms is and its use case, for those wondering what is the same. Launched in May 2020, Messenger Rooms offers a new way to interact and connect with your friends and family through video. This can be used for both personal and business use to host weekend parties, hang out with friends, or make a business call to discuss the upcoming release.
To be fair, Messenger Room came into being thanks to the popular Zoom app. When the app became an instant hit, Facebook thought, why should they be having fun? And then came the rooms. Now that you know what messaging rooms are, let’s start using messaging rooms on WhatsApp.
How to create a WhatsApp room on Android and iPhone
- Launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- There are two methods to create a room on Android and iPhone. In the first method, open the individual discussion thread. On Android, tap the attachment icon. Select the room.
- You can also access the Calls tab on the WhatsApp home screen. Tap the floating coins icon at the bottom in the case of Android.
- On iPhone, tap the plus icon in a chat. Select the room.
- You can also open the Calls tab. Tap Create Room.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to go to Facebook Messenger. Tap Continue in Messenger.
- If the Facebook Messenger app is installed on your phone, it will open. Otherwise, the Messenger website will open in your phone’s default browser. Log in with your Facebook account.
- The room creation screen opens. Touch Room activity to change the goal or the name of the room. Then press the Create Part As button.
- A Messenger room will be created. Press the Send Link to WhatsApp button to copy the link to WhatsApp.
- Tap End of room to permanently delete the room.
- If the room was created via a WhatsApp discussion thread, the link will be automatically pasted into the input box. For rooms created via the call screen, you will be asked to select the contacts you want to share the link with. Tap send to share the link. You can also copy the link and share it with other chats on WhatsApp or outside of WhatsApp.
How to create a room on WhatsApp Web
Here are the steps to create a web and desktop WhatsApp room:
- Open web.whatsapp.com or launch the WhatsApp desktop app and scan the QR code.
- Find out how to use QR code in WhatsApp to add contacts.
- Tap the three dots icon at the top and select Create Room.
- Otherwise, open a discussion and click the attachment icon. Select the room icon from the available options.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to continue on Facebook Messenger. Click Continue in Messenger.
- The Facebook Messenger website will open. Log in with your Facebook account. Click Create Part As.
- Grant the necessary permissions for the microphone and camera. You will be redirected to the room screen. Copy the link and share it with others via WhatsApp or other apps / websites.
How to join a WhatsApp room
When you receive a link to join a WhatsApp room, just tap it. You can sign up with your Facebook account or without an account / app through your web browser.
How to use WhatsApp rooms
As soon as you have created a WhatsApp room or clicked on the room link in WhatsApp, all Messenger room functions and settings will be available. Check out our article covering the basics of messaging rooms and various tips and tricks for using them. You will learn how to lock a room, what it means to lock a room, how to share a screen, how to remove participants, how to end a room, and more.
Things to remember when using WhatsApp rooms
- A Facebook account is required to create a WhatsApp room but not to join a room
- Access to the Facebook Messenger app or website is required to create a room.
- Only share your lounge link with people they trust, as they can share it with more people who can join the lounge.
- If the room creator is not present in the room, they will receive a call when the first participant joins the room.
Final words: How to use Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp for WhatsApp Web and Android / iPhone
hope you will understand this item How to use Messenger Rooms in WhatsApp for WhatsApp Web and Android / iPhone, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.