The Microsoft Remote Desktop app has received an update on iOS and Mac. The update brings a large number of fixes and improvements. You can read the full official changelog below.
The iOS app for iPad and iPhone has been updated to version 10.3.2 and has the following changelog:
- Additional two-column thumbnail view for larger iPhones.
- Overhauled PC tile style.
- Cleaned PC bookmark list view (only available on iPhones).
- Long press semantics for PC bookmarks and workspace headers.
- New context menus for interacting with bookmarks and PC workspaces.
- Ability to duplicate PC bookmarks.
- Full preview of PC bookmark thumbnail after long press.
- New drop-down menu for interaction with the Connection Center.
- Pull-to-refresh behavior for subscribed workspaces.
- Animated sorting of PC bookmarks by name or last login time.
- Automatically expanded search field on iPad.
The Microsoft Remote Desktop Mac application has been updated to version 10.6.8 with the following changelog:
In this release, we’ve fixed some bugs that were hanging around in our backlog. Some things we covered include:
- Added background refresh for subscribed workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where the session window could switch to another monitor when auto-reconnecting.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would sometimes be maximized after login.
- Fixed an issue where the name of a redirected folder would be incorrect in the remote session.
- Fixed a bug that made it difficult to resize remote application windows.
- Improved error messages that appear when user accounts fail to update.
- Fixed an issue where window titles in the list of connected remote applications were blank.
- Fixed a multimon issue where the mouse cursor shape would not update correctly when sliding between monitors.
- Added a checkbox in the general preferences to enable/disable Microsoft Teams optimizations.
- Added a UI to report if a remote application could not be launched on the server because it is not on the system’s allow list.
- Fixed an issue where the session window could not be maximized when placed at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Addressed scenarios where the mouse cursor disappears when connected to a remote PC.
- Deleting an Azure Virtual Desktop workspace now correctly deletes all associated workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where adding a folder to redirect to a bookmark would activate the “Add” button with an empty PC name.
- Fixed an issue where double-clicking the title bar would incorrectly stretch the session window.
- Updated mouse to switch to a hand glyph when hovering over a red input error indicator.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would flash quickly in the “Mission Control” or “Application windows” view.
Additionally, we continued to make updates to improve connectivity and performance metrics when connecting to Azure Virtual Desktop.
Note that by default, subscribed workspaces are refreshed every six hours. This interval can be changed using the user default ClientSettings.WorkspaceAutoRefreshInterval (minimum is 30 minutes and maximum is 24 hours).
You can download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop application from the link below. The Mac app can be found here.