With the advancement of technology, a wide range of instant messaging apps has become famous, and in 2013 two most popular messaging apps were released on the internet. Can you name them? Whatsapp and Telegram were both launched in 2013 and Whatsapp has gained immense popularity. Telegram didn’t get as much fame as WhatsApp but over time millions of users have adopted Telegram because of its unique outfits. Russian brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov were behind the creation of Telegram and the app is available for multiple operating systems. You can download Telegram for pc, Android, iPhone and Linux as well.
If you are looking for a lightweight messaging app for your PC, Telegram is the best option for you. I am here with the quick means of download and install Telegram Desktop on your PC / Laptop so let’s go through the post and get acquainted with them.
Telegram for PC: Chat privately
WhatsApp has used end-to-end encryption to protect your chats and video calls but you will be amazed to know that Telegram was the first to adopt encryption for messaging. There are many reasons that will require you to install Telegram for Windows, such as sync feature, anonymity, reliability, simplicity and much more. And before installing Telegram Desktop, you should know all its features. So I have listed here the most unique Telegram Messanger specialties that will definitely amaze you.
- The main feature of the Telegram app is that you can sync all your messages and chats between multiple devices that you own.
- The usual messaging apps require disk space to keep chat history, but through Telegram all your chats are stored in Telegram Cloud and you can access them anytime.
- Telegram allows you to share large videos, documents of any type, without any size limit.
- If your phone’s internet connection is slow, don’t worry because Telegram works even on the slowest networks.
- If you love to create and edit videos, here’s good news for you: Telegram comes with powerful photo and video editing tools to make your photos more impressive.
- Not only video editing tools, it comes with a wide range of emotions and stickers to make your chats more expressive.
- Telegram is completely free to download and gives you an ad-free experience.
- Encrypt all your chats with 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption.
- If you are concerned about your privacy, Telegram offers you the option of secret messaging.
How to Download Telegram for Desktop: Easiest Steps
After familiarizing yourself with the marvelous Telegram Desktop features you will not control yourself to download it for your PC. It is quite easy to install Telegram on PC and if you are not familiar with the process, take a look below for the steps:
- First, open your web browser and type Telegram Desktop in the search bar and enter.
- You will navigate to the Telegram office site and here you will see the opening “Get Telegram for Windows”, click on it.
- This step will download the Telegram file to your PC and after downloading will open the file and install it.
- The installation process is the same as for other software.
- After installation, you will notice the app icon on your PC, tap on it to open it.
- Finally, click on “Start messaging”.
- Just like Whatsapp, it will ask for your contact number. Enter your phone number in the box shown and create your Telegram ID.
- A confirmation PIN code will appear on your phone number and to continue you must enter that PIN code.
- If you have used Telegram before, all your contacts will be visible to you.
- That’s it! You are now ready to send a message through your
This was our easy tutorial to download Telegram for Desktop / Windows / PCâ¦ Just download the app and enjoy instant messaging and data sharing. You can enjoy the telegram while working on other important things on PC. In addition to messaging, you can edit videos, images using Telegram’s advanced video editing tools. It is a modern communication service that is very easy to use and fast.