Telegram Messenger has been updated with custom notification sounds, custom mute times, a new auto-delete menu in profiles, and more.
Pure instant messaging – simple, fast, secure and synced across all your devices. One of the top 10 most downloaded apps in the world with over 500 million active users.
What’s new in this version :
Custom notification sounds
• Use any short music file or voice message as notification sound.
• Press and hold audio files in chats to add them to your sounds list – or use “Download a sound” in the Notifications menu.
• Touch Mute > Customize on the chat information page to change its notification settings.
• Set custom tones per chat type in Settings > Notifications & Sounds.
Custom mute durations
• Tap the Mute button on a chat’s information page to manage its notifications.
• Choose “Mute for…” to mute notifications for a predefined period, such as 1 hour or 1 day.
• Mute alerts until a specific date and time via Mute for… > Mute until…
New auto-delete menu in profiles
• Quickly configure auto-delete settings from any chat information page.
• Tap (⋯) to enable auto delete – select ‘Other’ to set a specific duration.
Replies in forwarded messages
• Replies are now retained when forwarding messages, making it easier to read forwarded conversations.
• Bots can now open detail pages directly in chat.
• Use these simplified interfaces to purchase real-world goods and services without leaving the app.
Instantly configure bot administrators
• Open a bot’s profile to add it to your group or channel.
• Instantly configure the rights and permissions of a bot when adding it.
• Bots can send a new type of button that lets you add them to your group or channel.
Improved message translation
• Message translation now works with more languages, including Ukrainian, and provides better results.
• Enable the Translation option in Settings > Languages.
• Long press on a message to translate it into another language.
You can download Telegram Messenger for free from the App Store.