This article was translated from our Spanish edition. Opinions expressed by Contractor the contributors are theirs.
The world’s most popular messaging app continues to implement changes to improve the experience for its users. Now, WhatsApp Web has released the Drawing Tools feature, which allows you to edit photos before sending them from the PC version of the app.
Until a few days ago, if you wanted to cut or rotate an image before sending it via WhatsApp Web from your computer, you had to edit it from your computer or with an external editing program and then save it. then load it into the messaging application.
Related: WhatsApp Lets You Enter Group & Video Calls Even If They Have Started
As revealed by the WABetainfo site, the new feature allows you to edit your photos online and even add stickers, text and designs, which we previously could only do from a mobile device. .
WhatsApp Web 2.2130.7: what’s new?
WhatsApp Launches New Drawing Tools Today! https://t.co/oaDLNYTxU2
– WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) August 9, 2021
The best thing is that you don’t need to change any settings or do anything more to activate drawing tools in WhatsApp web because it will appear automatically.
How can you use WhatsApp web photo editor?
Unlike other more “hidden” functions of WhatsApp for mobile or web, the photo editor is extremely easy to find and use.
- Open WhatsApp Web from your desktop and sign in with your account.
- Enter one of your chats and tap on the clip icon which is in the bar where the message is written. In some versions, a camera icon appears directly on the bar instead of the clip.
- Choose the âCameraâ button to take a new photo or âPhotos and videosâ to send an image from your gallery.
- Once the image is selected, before sending it, the screen will appear where the message accompanying the photo is normally added. At the top you will see the editing options: add emojis, stickers, text and a pencil to make drawings “by hand”, as well as the tool to cut and rotate and the buttons “undo” and “remake”.
- Now you just have to play around with these options until the image looks exactly the way you want it, and that’s it! You can now send it like any other message.
Related: You Can Enable ‘Do Not Disturb’ Feature In WhatsApp To Sign Out Of The App Without Deleting It
While this change is a breakthrough for those who use WhatsApp Web, at the moment it only allows you to edit still images (no video), and it is also not possible to add animated stickers. . Recall that the application belonging to Facebook recently released the 3D emojis in the tools section, which is also not available in the PC version.
The portal clarified that this tool is in the development phase, and for now it can only be used by those who have the beta version of WhatsApp. If it doesn’t appear yet, don’t worry – it’s just a matter of days or hours since it will soon be extended to all users around the world.
Other changes in WhatsApp
In recent months, WhatsApp has showcased several new features as part of its hardening process after users leaked to other messaging apps like Telegram due to dissatisfaction with its new privacy policies.
#WhatsApp We’ve all been in WhatsApp groups where we don’t want to be. To save yourself the pain of “leaving the group”, see How to Avoid Being Added Without Your Permission. Ultimately! https://t.co/sPRw11KkQK
– Entrepreneur in Spanish (@SoyEntrepreneur) August 13, 2021
So, in recent months, they have added functions such as speeding up audio speed, sending photos and videos that can only be viewed once, and the long-awaited multi-device function to use. the application on up to four computers at the same time. .
Related: How To See The Photos That Are Disappeared Again With The New WhatsApp Feature